Tuesday, May 20, 2014

It's the Little Victories

So, I was sneaky yesterday.  One of the rules of the weight loss program, forbids us from weighing ourselves through out the week between the Tuesday evening meetings.  Today is only going to be my second meeting, so I have been terrified all week long that I haven't been losing anything, and how mortified I would be.  Fortunately for me, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon, and well of course, they weigh you in each visit.  When I stepped on the scale, I knew I would either be thrilled at a smaller number, or frantic to do exercise all evening to lower the number by one digit.  Drum roll please.....


              

I LOST FIVE POUNDS!!!!  

Let me say that again:
I LOST FIVE  pounds!
(Everybody happy dance now)



All the "suffering" I went through without food for the past 6 days ended up meaning that I would no longer be in the 290's, I'm in the 280's club.  I put bunny ears on suffering, because in reality, it wasn't difficult at all.  I really, really like the chocolate shakes, they taste like unbaked brownie mix (and who doesn't love licking the brownie mix bowl).  I think the hardest part is losing the crunch/chewing aspect of eating.  I've found a new love of exercise too!  Even if it's only 30 minutes of brisk walking, plus sit ups (I don't want to kill myself by attempting anything more strenuous just yet), it obviously helps!  Plus, IT'S FUN!  It's fun in that I know I am burning calories with every step, that each drop of sweat is proof that the five pounds lost were earned.

                   

I read a quote once that said, "Sweat is only your fat crying."  It resonated with me.  I have found it to be an excellent motivator when I am wishing I could quit exercising.  When you think of exercise as a battle against your fat, it makes you think less about the work, and more about the victory.  I have found that as long as I keep that thought in my mind when I'm working out, as tough as it is, I push through it, and it becomes a game.  Whatever I accomplished yesterday, I want to accomplish 2 more today.

It's the ever growing accomplishments that will help continue my weight loss, but for now, let me hear the hallelujah chorus sing one more time.  FIVE POUNDS GONE.  My first goal is 5% complete.  It sounds small, but twenty more 5%'s and I'll be at 100%, and THAT sounds easy.  See you later 5 pounds, I kicked your butt!

              
              

No comments:

Post a Comment