Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Three Week Verdict

Ohmygosh.  This week has been INSANE.  I really don't want to get into it, because I feel like that will open up a can of worms with a long rambling post that makes no sense to anyone other than me.  To put it simply, my brain felt like it was short-circuiting, or about to explode, one of the two.  So, I sincerely apologize for plunging off the face of the Earth.

WORK = STRESSFUL/BUSY/FRUSTRATING/LONG/NIGHTMARISH

                     

Other than work being nearly impossible to manage, I had quite an interesting experience the past few weeks.  I discovered a lot of things about myself, which wasn't really expected when I started this journey.  I thought it would be cut and dry, diet and lose weight, work out and lose weight.  In reality, I am really internalizing why I craved food, and more specifically the kinds of food I am craving.  What caused me to want that pizza?  Or that burger?  The whole work shenanigans really helped shine a light on the fact that I'm an emotional/stress eater.  But really though, I just love food, because it makes me feel better.  I hate that the food that is comfort to me, happens to be a heart attack on a plate.  Ugh.  The way the world works really sucks sometimes.

Anyways, to the best news ever.........................I've lost 16.2 lbs since my first weigh-in----three weeks ago!  That, my friends, is absolutely awesome.  I don't mean to toot my own horn, who am I kidding, OF COURSE I'm tooting my own horn.  How do you lose that much weight in 3 weeks: hard work and dedication.  There is no other way to explain it.  And you know what's more?  I totally cheated.  It wasn't like a small little cheat, it was a full blown, terribly unhealthy meal, that still makes me feel guilty.

               

I went all out, and I couldn't resist.  Like at all.  Barbecued chicken drumsticks, two ears of corn, some chicken sausages, a giant, and I mean, GIANT piece of garlic bread, pancakes.  I'm telling you...it was bad.  And I also had a panini the next day, and a burrito a few days before.  So how the hell did I still manage to lose 5.4 pounds this week (see http://moltingmybody.blogspot.com/p/weight-loss-chart.html)??  I'll give you one word:  EXERCISE!


                 

It was tough, but I didn't miss one day---and I haven't in the last three weeks.  I know I cant cheat like that often, and shouldn't ever, but I couldn't stop myself.  One day I may have the will power, but last Saturday was not that day.  As long as the number on the scale decreased, and I work out consistently, and for the most part eat healthy, I'm happy.  It was a great success!!!!!!!!  And so the struggle continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment